Tuesday 28 June 2022

June 28, 1992: Nancy was screaming at me on the phone


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I picked up my daughter and, on the way home I stopped to look at an apartment at Greenwood and Gerrard. Later when she went to sleep, I left her in bed and went out to look at a few local places. When I got back, I called Nancy to ask if she wanted the baby brought up. She said that maybe she would get a driver’s lesson and pick her up on the way, so she told me she would call me back. She didn’t call until 22:00 and asked me to bring her back. I protested because at that hour I wouldn’t get back from her place until the subway was closed and I would be stranded. She was screaming at me but then half an hour later her sister Susan said she would meet me at Warden Station. Nancy came with her but waited beside the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment