Sunday 19 June 2022

June 19, 1992: While I was changing my daughter in the park she pissed all over me


Thirty years ago today 

            On Friday Nancy was going to bring the baby down at around 10:30, but she called me at 10:00 to tell me there would be a delay. I got some stuff done and then called her back to tell her to meet me at the donut shop beside the courthouse on Eglinton. I went there to appeal for more time to pay my trespassing fine and then took my daughter. She only had cloth diapers and she was already wet. We caught the bus to Eglinton station and then we went to Bay station where I went to the Lost and Found and picked up the collages that I’d left on the streetcar. I went to Kinkos at Spadina and Bloor to make some copies. I changed my daughter in the park but a few minutes later she pissed all over me. I added a cloth, but her pants were soaked with urine, and I couldn’t change her. I paid a phone bill and then the baby slept in my arms all the way home. After she woke up, I took her with me to look at an apartment. The ceiling was too low.

No comments:

Post a Comment