Monday 6 June 2022

June 6, 1992: My neighbours bought my Egyptian wall-hanging


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy’s sister Susan and her Nazi-dazi daddy brought my daughter down around 8:30. She went to sleep at noon. I waited until it was dry outside and set up a little sidewalk sale. The couple who lived at the back of my building also decided to sell some stuff. My daughter ate a lot that day and walked a bit with support while having fun playing with the silverware and some other items on display. The guy-half of the couple gave her two balloons and the gal-half held her while I packed up. They told me they would be out on Sunday as well and I said that I would too. Besides one woman who bought a trowel from me for fifty cents, the only money I made was from my fellow sellers, who bought my Egyptian wall-hanging and five magazines. That’s how I could afford to take the baby back to her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment