Friday 24 June 2022

June 24, 1992: I stood my daughter by the front door, kissed her goodbye, and waved as I walked away


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy was supposed to bring my daughter down on Wednesday morning but then called and said I’d have to meet her someplace. We arranged for Eglinton station, but she said she would phone me when she was leaving. She didn’t call until around noon. I got there at 13:00 and waited for her until after 14:00. The problem was that I had to work at 19:30, so I only had time to take the baby to my place, play for an hour, and then pack her up to take her back to her mother. She slept in my arms all the way up and didn’t wake until I tried to put her to bed. I brought her back downstairs, stood her by the front door, kissed her goodbye, and waved as I walked away. 
            I worked at a new place, and they were impressed with my modeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment