Tuesday 14 June 2022

June 14, 1992: I drank in the flavour of Father's Day until I was informed that it wasn't Father's Day


Thirty years ago today  

            On Sunday I got up around 9:00, generating and drinking back the flavour of Father’s Day. I had breakfast and coffee while waiting for my daughter to be brought to my place. I was just about to call my father when the phone rang. It was Nancy telling me that her parents wouldn’t be bringing the baby down. Then she informed me that it wasn’t even Father’s Day. Looking at the newspaper I realized that was true. I asked if I could see my daughter anyway and she said I could if I came and got her, and so I did. When I got there, I asked Nancy to lend me the collage-birthday card I’d made for her the year before so I could make a copy. I took my daughter downtown but all the bank machines were down and so we headed home. She fell asleep in my arms at around 13:40 and I took her back to her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment