Sunday 12 June 2022

June 12, 1992: We negotiated all morning and I settled on $1500 and the last month free if I moved out by August 1


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I got up around 7:15. I skipped breakfast and just had fruit and coffee. I read some of Siddhartha and then I got ready for court. I wrote this on the streetcar as it was approaching Broadview. I got off at City Hall, went to get a coffee and the paper on Queen, then waited for my lawyer on the first floor. When we saw the judge, he stressed that he didn’t want to hear any arguments in his presence unless people had tried their best to work it out. So, my lawyer negotiated all morning and around noon we came to a settlement. When they offered to give me $1500 and the last month free if I moved out by August 1, I decided to take it because of my financial situation. I figured that if I found a cheaper place, I would have money left over and come out ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment