Monday 13 June 2022

June 13, 1992: Yukon stuffed corn chips into my daughter's mouth and it was the first time she'd ever eaten salt


Thirty years ago 

             On Saturday I got up around 7:30 and ate some oranges. I called Nancy but she was in bed. I made some coffee but didn’t drink it as I decided to head for the Kingston Road bus. Nancy wasn’t there when I arrived, but her mother gave me the baby. We caught the Steeles bus to Finch Station and the Yonge Subway to Bloor so I could make a round trip on one transfer. We went to the supermarket and bought some strawberries. I thought I would be able to get my daughter to sleep before Nathalie came with her son Yukon, but she stayed awake. Just after she arrived, Nancy called and ragged about me bringing my daughter back at 15:30. The baby and Yukon played around us while we discussed astrology. Yukon was stuffing corn chips in my daughter’s mouth, and it was the first time she’d ever had salt. Her throat sounded raspy afterward. She went to sleep at around 16:00 and Nathalie and Yukon left half an hour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment