Saturday 18 June 2022

June 18, 1992: I sadly couldn't take my daughter today because I had to look for an apartment


Thirty years ago today 

            Nancy called on Thursday morning asking me to take the baby for the day. I sadly had to turn her down because I didn’t think that I could handle it with all the appointments I had to look at apartments. I decided that I would rather see my daughter on Friday. My first appointment was around Greenwood and Gerrard. The place was a good size, but it had a very low ceiling, and I would have been ducking at every doorway. It also had roaches. I bought a cone at the Dairy Queen and then I walked home because my next meeting wasn’t until 16:00. It was at Queen and Woodbine and the place was a little smaller, with not much light. At 18:30 I looked at another apartment west of Woodbine and it was also dark. On the way to Greenwood, I took down lots of phone numbers for other places. The place I saw at 20:30 was big but with a low ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment