Saturday 11 June 2022

June 11, 1992: Ezra played violin for the flute playing flower shop owner and he gave him a plant


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I got up around 9:00, had breakfast, cleaned up a bit, worked on projects and then left for work at West Toronto Secondary at 11:30. I read the paper before starting and then did a standing pose for less than an hour and a half. I checked to see if Sebastian was home, but she still wasn’t around. I played five bad games of Arkanoid at the donut shop and then headed for the Lost and Found at Bay subway station to pick up the collage I’d left on the streetcar. Though I’d called the Roncesvalles yard the night before and they’d confirmed that they’d found it, it wasn’t at the lost and found today. 
            I saw Ezra playing violin in the subway and after he recognized me, he invited me for a beer. We went to Futures on Bloor and talked for quite a while. When we were heading back for the subway, we passed a flower shop and Ezra heard flute playing inside. He went in and saw the Korean owner of the store playing. Ezra played violin for him, and he was so impressed that he gave him a plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment