Tuesday 7 June 2022

June 7, 1992: My daughter was a scamp who would play the game of getting stuck so I would get her out


Thirty years ago today

            I think I got up at around 8:30 on Sunday. I waited for the sidewalk in front of my building to dry a bit and then I started putting my stuff out to sell. My neighbour Peter came about half an hour later. A little after that my daughter was brought down, although I hadn’t been expecting her. She went to sleep at 12:22. I sold my little kitchen scale for 75 cents; the blaster with the fuzzy speakers for $5, despite warning the guy of its shortcomings; eight skin mags, and two National Geographics. When Peter and Tracy packed it in at around 19:00 they gave me the rest of their stuff, and so now it was even more crowded in my place. Over the whole weekend, I made about $20. Nancy came fairly late to pick our daughter up, but she was still awake. She was becoming quite a little scamp, as she would deliberately get herself stuck in places as a game so I would come and get her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment