Thursday 2 June 2022

June 2, 1992: The inspectors caught me on the streetcar without fare and so I had to pay a fine to get my Metropass photo back


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I didn’t have the fare for the streetcar, so I got on through the centre doors at Neville. But at Yonge Street, the inspectors got on and I was caught without a valid Metropass or transfer and so the guy took my photo card. I would have to pay $53.50 to get it back. I was really pissed off. 
            I worked at West Toronto Secondary and at lunch, I went to the donut shop where I played Arkanoid. I finished work around 14:00 and went to City Hall where I decided to plead guilty, otherwise, I wouldn’t get my Metropass photo back very soon. The justice of the peace gave me a suspended sentence, so when I had the money for the fine, I would need to go up to Davisville to get my photo identification back. 
            I was running out of food. 
            I talked to my daughter on the phone. 
            I worked on astrological charts, mine and SAJ’s. I figured she would call me on Thursday when her Moon would be transiting section one of my chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment