Friday 1 July 2022

July 1, 1992: I put my daughter behind the wheel of a racing video game and she kept driving off the road


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I picked up my daughter at around 9:30. Then I had to go to the bank to take out $550 for the first deposit on the apartment at Gerrard and Greenwood. The baby fell asleep on the streetcar home. I put her to bed and took off her little shoes (because they were hurting my feet). After she woke up, I got a call about an apartment, so we went up to see it. It was a good-sized basement with a high ceiling, but it was kind of dark and had no bathtub. We walked along Gerrard and I bought us a sparkling juice. I put her behind the wheel of a video racing game, and she kept driving off the road. Then we caught the Victoria Park bus, and I took her back to Nancy but she told me to take her out again and so I went to the park and put her on the swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment