Sunday 24 July 2022

July 24, 1992: While talking to my daughter on the phone she thrilled me by saying "Dadda" for the first time


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I only worked until 11:00 at Central Tech but I got paid as if I’d worked from 9:00 to 13:00. I grabbed an ice cream and caught the Bathurst streetcar to Queen and then the Queen car to Peter. I went into The Silver Snail but found that they still didn’t have Tomb of Dracula #50. On the way home I stopped at the liquor store and picked up some Lone Star Beer. 
            I talked to my daughter on the phone as usual and without expecting a response I asked, “Can you say hi to daddy?” She said, “Dadda” and I was thrilled. Nancy was pretty surprised as well.
            Nancy would be going to Mexico for two weeks on August 16, so I would be taking care of the baby. But I would be working four of those days and it was a little bit scary because I hated the idea of leaving my daughter with Nancy’s Nazi parents

No comments:

Post a Comment