Sunday 17 July 2022

July 17, 1992: Nancy brought me my daughter short a shoe, so I kept her barefoot all day


Thirty years ago today

            I was supposed to pick up my daughter at 9:00 on Friday but I slept in, and her mother had to go out, so she said to meet them at 10:00 at Yonge and Steeles. They were late of course. Nancy brought the baby short a shoe and so I kept her barefoot all day. I took her downtown and paid $20 on my phone bill. I checked a couple of shoe stores, but they didn’t have any for infants. We caught the streetcar to my place, and she went to sleep for three hours in the early afternoon. She woke up in a good mood and we bonded for a while. I put her in the stroller and took some stuff over to the new place. Then we walked up to Gerrard and caught the Main bus. We stopped at the playground before going to her mother’s place and she walked almost all the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment