Tuesday 5 July 2022

July 5, 1992: I waited and got no call about picking up my daughter, then I saw that the baby had switched off the ringer the day before


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday I called Nancy at around 8:30 to see what was happening. She said they would drop my daughter off at Warden Station and would call me when they were leaving. I had breakfast and did some stuff and by 10:30 I still hadn’t heard from Nancy. Then I noticed that the sound switch was off on my phone, and I remembered that the baby had switched it off on Saturday. I called Nancy and there was no answer, but since she had said we’d meet at Warden Station, I assumed she was coming there by bus, and since she’d mentioned that it would be around 10:30, I headed up to the subway. I waited at Warden for almost an hour and then went home. I was pissed off and I couldn’t function. I kept calling until 14:30 when one of her parents answered and told me that the baby was there, so I went up there and got her. When I got through to Nancy later she said I could have my daughter on Monday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment