Monday 11 July 2022

July 11, 1992: I bought a case of beer to celebrate getting a new apartment


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I got up around 9:30. I tore away the wooden fence that the landlord’s bum boy put up when he painted half the front steps and I set up my sidewalk sale. I sold a turntable for $15, and a blaster for $5. I also sold some books and magazines. I was there until 20:00 and made a total of $30. I went to the beer store and bought a case of twelve to celebrate finally getting a new apartment. I took something over to the new apartment. I got the old place cleaned up and worked on projects. In my transcriptions of the encyclopaedia, I was at Chamberlain. In my own writing I was in the spring of 1990 and I was just getting ready to write about my ex-girlfriend Whitefeather. I watched TV and I was one number off from winning the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment