Monday 4 July 2022

July 4, 1992: My daughter climbed the stairs by herself


Thirty years ago today 

            I met Nancy and her sister Susan downtown near Eaton’s Centre on Saturday to pick up my daughter. I took the baby with me to have some photocopies done, we hung around the street as she explored for a few minutes and then we caught the streetcar home. She fell asleep on the way and after she woke up, we explored the sidewalk, walked around the Beaches, and looked at some apartments. We visited the variety store lady around the corner from my place. Around 21:30 I took her to meet her mother at Warden Station. She climbed the stairs by herself and when she saw her mother, she practically ran to her. Nancy said she would be going rock climbing on Sunday so I could see my daughter again.
            I missed the deadline for buying a lottery ticket for that night’s draw, but I called the line and found out my numbers didn’t win anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment