Saturday 23 July 2022

July 23, 1992: Mike Copping and I argued over whether Leonard Cohen was a great poet


Thirty years ago today 

            On Thursday I got up at around 8:30. I cleaned up a bit and managed to take some stuff to the new place. I called Mike Copping and we arranged to meet between 21:00 and 22:00 at the chess tables downtown. I was a long way from being ready to move. I took a couple more things to the new apartment on my way downtown. Mike showed up at about 21:20 and we went to The World’s Biggest Bookstore. We argued about whether or not Leonard Cohen was a great poet. We went to the Horseshoe, and I told him about when I first met Brenda. We walked back to his car and cruised the hookers for a while. I was disappointed that he wouldn’t let me play my Leonard Cohen tape in his player because it had adhesive tape on it. It took me quite a while to get home. I watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment