Wednesday 20 July 2022

July 20, 1992: My daughter wandered into the bedroom, crawled into bed, pulled the sheet over herself, and went to sleep


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy wanted me to take my daughter on Monday and so I went up and got her. We took the subway to Main and then went to Triple 8 Drugs. I bought some shampoo and what I thought was conditioner until I took a shower later and found out that it was also shampoo. I bought diapers and chips. I changed her on the grass and then she shit her pants, but I left that one on until we got home. On the way she picked up a mango from a fruit stand, so I bought it. I let her walk freely on the sidewalk, as long as she didn’t go back, step off the curb, or pick up cigarette butts. Shortly after we got home, she wandered into the bedroom, crawled onto the bed, pulled the sheet over herself, and went to sleep. After three hours she woke up and later on got quite cranky. When Nancy came to pick her up, she was asleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment