Thursday 7 July 2022

July 7, 1992: The basement apartment on Wineva didn’t have an ideally high ceiling, but it felt like me


Thirty years ago today 

            By Tuesday I was getting frustrated that I hadn’t found a place yet, and so I set out on this day to see if I could finally find one. I saw a two-bedroom above a store for $600 at Queen and Greenwood; I saw a cozy little basement apartment of modern design with a big back yard for $525 inclusive at Coxwell and Gerrard; I saw a nice basement apartment on Wineva for $550. It didn’t have an ideally high ceiling, but it felt like me. The guy said I could have it and so I made a date to meet him on Wednesday at 20:00 to give him the money. But I didn’t remember until I got home that I had to work on Wednesday night. I left him some messages, hoping he would call me back, but he didn’t and so we would just have to see. Meanwhile, I kept looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment