Wednesday 13 July 2022

July 13, 1992: The sign for my sidewalk sale read “Raising Money to Put Out a Contract on My Landlord"


Thirty years ago

            On Monday I cleaned up my place and worked on projects. I headed downtown but, on the way, I walked over to the new place with some photo-developing trays. Then I waited for the streetcar at Wineva but when it came, I realized that I didn’t have my Metropass and so I walked home and got it. Since I was there, I grabbed a lamp and took that to the new place before going downtown. I made some copies at Kinkos and then went for a beer at the Rivoli. I had an ice cream and headed home. I talked to my daughter on the phone. I put up two different signs around the neighbourhood to advertise next weekend’s sidewalk sale. One read, “Lynch My Landlord! Trying to Raise Money to Take Out a Contract on My Landlord. Won’t you help?” The other said, “Topless Garage Sale in Honour of Gwen Jacob. The Less You Have on the Bigger the Savings!”

No comments:

Post a Comment