Tuesday 19 July 2022

July 19, 1992: During my sidewalk sale I showed the little boy next door how to make big bubbles


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I got my sidewalk sale set up around 9:00. Nancy didn’t show up until 11:00 and then she expected me to go through the negatives of the baby pictures with her right then and there. I wanted to wait until the baby fell asleep, but she had to go places with her sister Susan and so she left in disgust. My sale was in total disarray because I chased the baby around until 14:45 when she finally fell asleep for three hours. While she was sleeping, I bought her some toys and blew some more big bubbles. The kids next door had a sidewalk sale as well and one of them started hanging around with me. I had the impression that he didn’t have a father. I showed him how to make bubbles. He convinced his mother to buy the leather jacket I was selling for $5. After my daughter woke up we took my blender to the new place and then caught the bus back to her mother’s place.

No comments:

Post a Comment