Monday 18 July 2022

July 18, 1992: I learned that one has to be gentle, with a slight twist of the wrist to cut a big bubble from the ring and have it float down the street


Thirty years ago today 

            On Saturday for breakfast, I had poached eggs, toast, and three cups of coffee. I figured out the proper mixture of water, detergent, and glycerin to make bubble stuff. I got my sidewalk sale set up at around 9:00. It took a while to master making the big bubbles, but I learned that one has to be slow and gentle and that a slight twist of the wrist will usually cut the bubble from the big ring and let it float down the street. People were impressed with my bubbles. I drank some beer during the sale. Mrs. Chang from the variety store around the corner gave me a lamp to sell but I decided that I might keep it. I lowered some of the prices and decided I would tell one more person that the big fan was $4 but the next person would be told $3. I didn’t sell much. Two fans, a water filter, and maybe a couple of other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment