Saturday 9 July 2022

July 9, 1992: I didn’t get the apartment at Coxwell and Gerrard because my landlord gave me a bad reference


Thirty years ago today

            I picked up my daughter at around 9:30 on Thursday. I decided not to look for any more apartments until I found out whether I got the apartment on Wineva. There was a place up at Victoria Park and Danforth that sounded good, but the guy didn’t know yet if he’d bought the house. The problem was that all of these places were doing credit checks except for the one on Wineva and the one at Greenwood and Gerrard. I didn’t get the one for $525 at Coxwell and Gerrard because Mark gave me a bad reference. I supposed he was giving negative feedback on me all around. So really my only two choices were Gerrard and Wineva, and I felt that ultimately I would have fewer problems at Wineva. Carl called me back and I arranged to give him the money on Friday, but I also made an appointment for the place on Gerrard just in case Wineva fell through.

No comments:

Post a Comment