Sunday 3 July 2022

July 3, 1992: Barton Fink was exaggeratedly suspenseful to subdued comic effect


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday I made it to Sheridan College in Oakville at the same time as the day before. For the animation drawing class, I did sequential walking poses. There was no one to drive me back to Toronto so I had to take the train. When I got downtown, I went and paid $40 on my phone bill. When I got home, I called Mike Copping and we arranged to meet at Sheppard and Yonge at 18:30. We were both on time and then we went to a video store where we rented “Barton Fink” and “Black Bimbos in Heat.” I bought a six-pack of Sicilian beer and then we went to the Flame Pit. Mike was taking care of his sister’s place while she and her husband were backpacking in Italy, and we watched the videos there. “Black Bimbos” was okay, but it had no continuity. Barton Fink was exaggeratedly suspenseful to subdued comic effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment