Sunday 10 July 2022

July 10, 1992: On the streetcar a woman wanted our window seat and tried to force my daughter and I to move


Thirty years ago today

            I had my daughter on Friday but not until after work. I posed at Central Tech until 13:00 and then I went to the bank to get the money out to rent the new apartment. Nancy brought the baby to me at the Manulife Centre. I took her with me to pay $20 on my phone bill. We walked through Nathan Philips Square, and I bought some fries before getting on the streetcar. A young woman who seemed to have mental health issues was trying to get me and my daughter to move so she could sit by the window. She even went so far as to grab my bag a couple of times. I told her not to cause a problem when I had a baby on my lap. Once my daughter went to sleep, she was down for a long time. I brought her to her mother that evening at Warden Station and on the way home I paid for the place on Wineva.

No comments:

Post a Comment