Thursday 14 July 2022

July 14, 1992: My new neighbour's dog knocked my daughter on her back, licked her face, and stole her hat


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I picked up my daughter at around 9:30. We went to the supermarket near the Victoria Park subway, and she played with the little shopping carts. Then I put her in a big one and she laughed as we ran through the aisles. I carried her on my shoulders back to my place. At home, she experimented with cause and effect, and we played with each other’s noses. She went to sleep at about 13:30 and slept until 16:30. I called Nancy at 17:30 and told her we would be up there after dropping something off at the new place. My new upstairs neighbour’s rottweiler Adolph was on the porch when we arrived. He came and knocked my daughter flat on her back and began licking her face before stealing her hat. We met Nancy at the playground near her parents’ house.

No comments:

Post a Comment