Thursday 21 July 2022

July 21, 1992: I didn't want to take the baby carriage with my daughter but her mother cried so I gave in


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday I woke up at 7:01 and rushed to get to work. At first, I thought I would be late, but I realized there was a 7:43 GO Train that would get me to Oakville in time. I paid an extra dollar to catch the express bus to Sheridan College. After posing for a portrait class, I managed to board the 12:30 train back to Toronto. I called Nancy but there was no message and so I got a hotdog and headed home. I wrote this when the streetcar was at Coxwell. When I got home, I took a shit, and then I called Nancy and her mother said she would be waiting for me between 14:00 and 15:00 at McDonald’s in the Eaton Centre, so, I headed down there and arrived at 15:00. Nancy wanted me to take the baby carriage along with my daughter but when I protested, she started wailing and crying. All I’d wanted was an explanation, but finally, of course, I took it. The baby fell asleep on the streetcar and when we got home, I put her to bed. She woke up at around 18:30 and we went for a walk down to the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment