Monday 12 June 2023

June 12, 1993: I bought The Journal of Anais Nin at a lawn sale


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday morning I wrote this on the subway when it was pulling in to Yonge Station on my way to pose for Artists 25. I was very thirsty because I had to rush out without eating an orange. I bought a cold drink while walking up Bathurst and also stopped at a lawn sale where I bought Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut as a gift for Tom. At lunch Tom Philips and I went out together to check out garage sales in the neighbourhood. I bought The Journal of Anais Nin. After work I got a ride with Warren to Etobicoke where I went to the House of Lancaster. The Brigitte Bardot lookalike stripper wasn't there. I had four beers. I saw Tom at the subway. I bought a skin magazine at Main and Kingston Road and jerked off when I got home. I ate barbecued chicken, cleaned up, did some writing, wrote a song, and went to bed at 1:00 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment