Thursday 8 June 2023

June 8, 1993: I taught yoga for the first time in years


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I got up around 9:00 and went out to buy coffee and oranges. My place was only about half cleaned up from the mess that my daughter and I made on my birthday two weeks before. I did some typing for a while and then was working on a collage when my daughter came in at 11:00. We spent an hour together and then went out in the rain to meet her mother. I put her on the bus and then went downtown to meet Marie. She wasn't in the mall when I got there but I waited a while and saw her. We went to her place and I gave her a yoga class for about an hour. She was really embarrassed about what she couldn't do because of her MS. I had to move her around a lot to get her positioned to perform certain poses. It was interesting to be teaching again after so many years. I read her some of my poetry. I headed home and left my writing book on the streetcar but waited for it to turn around, got back on and found it. That night I went to the Last Temptation for the poetry open stage. I should have read earlier instead of putting myself at the end of the list. By the time I read everyone seemed burnt out and tired. Plus I read Tom's stuff and it didn't really go over that well. I think they preferred to hear mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment