Wednesday 7 June 2023

June 7, 1993: I took my daughter to the school playground and we were told to leave but I ignored it


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I got home at 1:30 and went to bed. When I got up I went out to call Nancy and she told me that her parents had been waiting for me with my daughter in their car in front of my place until 1:15. I was split on seeing my daughter today but her mother brought her down at around 14:00. We went to the school playground with her wagon during school hours and some asshole teacher came up and told us we couldn't be there. I nodded to her and ignored her demand that we leave. I had to stop my daughter from playing with the tools, especially the screwdriver, around other kids. Not that she tried to stab anybody but she just moved too quickly and there were too many children around. We went behind the school for a while, then we took the wagon back and met Nancy. I caught the streetcar downtown to work at the Ontario College of Art. I did a slanted upside down reclining pose for Sandra Altwerger's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment