Thursday 1 June 2023

Momo Yashima


            On Wednesday morning I memorized the fourth verse of "Vieille Canaille" (Old Rascal) by Serge Gainsbourg and almost nailed down the penultimate verse but I missed one word. I should have that done tomorrow. 
            I weighed 86 kilos before breakfast. 
            In the late morning I took the audio jack from the back of my computer, inserted it into an adaptor jack and stuck it into the headphone hole of my interface. I plugged my electric guitar into the interface and it worked. So now I've solved the delay problem that had delayed me for the last five days. I considered getting a separate set of speakers so I don't have to switch back and forth but really it only takes a second so there is no point cluttering up my place with more hardware. Tomorrow I might start shooting another batch of videos of my song practice. Solving the delay problem put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. 
            I spent almost an hour finishing cleaning the outside of the bathtub. Tomorrow I'll finish cleaning the bathroom and start thinking about how to fill up the depression in the kitchen floor in front of the counter.
            I weighed 85.8 kilos before lunch. I had a toasted Montreal style bagel with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back and wore shorts for the first time since that short heat wave in April. 
            I weighed 85.2 kilos at 17:00. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 17:52. 
            In Movie Maker I got close to synchronizing the video with the mic audio of part B of my June 19, 2022 song practice. At first I was shaving off video until I realized they were getting further apart. I had to stop and visualize which part has to be shaved when one is behind another. The audio was behind so it had to be shaved. I finished with just a couple of seconds between them. The video I'd cut out wasn't important anyway. Tomorrow I'll probably have them synchronized and then I'll separate part B from the song Baby Pop and isolate that to make a movie and upload it to YouTube. 
            I returned to searching for a video clip to correspond with the line "refer to current literature" from my song "Instructions for Electroshock Therapy". I tried to find an old movie that shows lightning coming out of a book or something like that but nothing has turned up so far. 
            I had spinach and cheese ravioli with Basilica sauce and five-year-old cheddar. I ate dinner with a beer while watching season 9, episodes 16 and 17 of The Beverly Hillbillies. 
            In the first story Granny and Elly have taken up feminism and are going on strike from what is traditionally considered to be women's work. At the same time Jane, Helen and Suzy are protesting outside the bank. When Drysdale arrives he tells his security guards to come out with their baseball bats. But Suzy karate chops the bats in two and the guards back off. Drysdale tries to hire Suzy as his bodyguard but she chops his briefcase in two. 
            Back at the mansion Jed and Jethro flip to see who cooks breakfast and who washes the dishes. Jethro loses and has to cook. He makes a big meal, eats it all and then tells Jed to fill his part of the deal and wash the dishes. Jed tells Granny and Elly that he surrenders unconditionally and they can have any rights they want. They decide they've won and are ready to cook up a big ham but then Jethro starts throwing his clothes at them to be washed and repaired. The women return to their protest. Jethro does the washing and Jed is darning socks when Granny asks if Jed is for women's lib. He says he's for it heart and soul. Granny and Elly start to help Jed until Jethro calls them lazy and demands they carry their own weight. They go back to protesting. 
            Back at the bank Drysdale introduces his new security guard Banzai Sakito to the protestors. Banzai karate chops Helen's car in two. Suzy throws several punches at Banzai with no effect. She says, "Women's lib is for the birds. Let's get out of here!" and they all run. Jed calls Drysdale to tell him Granny and Elly are protesting. Drysdale says he knows how to handle militant women. Drysdale brings Banzai to the Clampett house and Banzai karate chops an iron bench in two and then crunches it into a ball. Drysdale asks Granny if she's willing to admit men are superior. She says no and so he tells Banzai to destroy the other bench but Granny grabs him and flips him onto his back. Granny and Elly decide to leave and move in with Jane. Banzai is humiliated over being defeated by a woman and asks if he can stay at the mansion until he recovers. He requests to bring his geishas to serve him while he's there. 
            In the second story Granny and Elly are staying in Jane's small apartment. Granny is amazed by the bed couch and the Murphy bed and gets stuck inside of both. Helen arrives to stay there as well, followed by Suzy and Betty. They all have to hide when her landlord comes. 
            At the Clampett mansion Banzai's three geishas arrive. Jethro asks for a karate chop because he still thinks it's like a pork chop. Banzai gives him a karate chop and knocks him down. Banzai tells Jed that from now on his geishas will do everything for him. Jethro asks for a judo roll because he thinks that's also food, so Banzai gives him a judo roll and flips him onto his back. Jethro asks for a sumo crush because he thinks it's a drink and gets another rude awakening. Jed is getting waited on hand and foot. Granny calls to ask if he's suffered enough but Jed says he needs to suffer a few more days. 
            Suzy was played by Momo Yashima, who is a well known stage actor. Her parents were award winning children's authors and the character of Momo in their book "Momo's Kitten" was based on her. She played Ensign Yamada in the first Star Trek movie. She works on educational films about Japanese America. She wrote, directed and produced the documentary "A Divided Community" about the three hundred Resistors who struggled against the Japanese internment camps in the United States during WWII.





No comments:

Post a Comment