Friday 2 June 2023

June 2, 1993: I had wings at the Spruce Goose


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I got up at 7:15 and left for work at 7:30. I had time to get a coffee at Royal York before catching the bus up to Lawrence. Michael seemed surprised to see me because he'd accidentally double booked. The other model was Astrid, who had only been in the business for six months. I posed with her and then we rode back to the Ontario College of Art together because she was going to ask for work. I wrote this while on a break and sitting in the washroom at almost 15:30. After work I called Marie and she wanted to meet me in a coffee shop at Queen and Church. I wrote this while waiting for her there. She came in a half hour or so and we talked for an hour, then I walked her down the street. That night I went to the Spruce Goose and had wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment