Friday 16 June 2023

June 16, 1993: A woman stopped her bike, looked me up and down, then rode away shouting "Whooo!"


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I did a little writing over coffee and a bit of cleaning before going to Tom Smarda's place to rehearse. We worked on my song "Seven Shades of Blues" for a couple of hours and it sounded pretty good. I had some beans with him and then headed home briefly before going to work. I posed for Greg Hindle at the Ontario College of Art. After work I met Tom again at the Duke of York tavern at Queen and Leslie where his brother was playing in a country band. He was a very professional musician. Afterward Tom and I walked together as far as Ashdale, where he lived and then I continued on to my place. Just west of Woodbine a woman passed me on her bicycle, then she stopped, turned around, looked me up and down, smiled, then drove away while shouting an approving, "Whoo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment