Saturday 17 June 2023

June 17, 1993: I was disappointed with our performance of "Seven Shades of Blues" but Mike Copping liked it


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I went to bed at 3:30 but woke up at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I got up at 6:45, masturbated and then took a shower. I had yogourt with apple sauce and honey and left for work early. I had a coffee and wrote on the way there. After work the ladies I'd posed for invited me to lunch but I turned them down because there was a possibility I would be meeting my daughter, but that didn't happen and so I should have accepted. I wrote this on the Queen streetcar just leaving the Caroline Avenue stop.
            That night I went to Mudds Cabaret and Tom Smarda came to back me up on guitar. Mike Copping showed up as well. We went on too late and Tom got the chords wrong for "Seven Shades of Blues" and so I was disappointed. But Mike loved the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment