Friday 23 June 2023

June 23, 1993: My daughter cried when her grandfather handed her to me


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday at around 11:00 Nancy's father brought my daughter down with a note from Nancy saying I should bring her to the Eaton Centre at 17:55 with the stroller. She cried when her grandfather handed her to me and was upset for half an hour after he left. We went to the playground and played with the shovels in the sand. She met a child down the street a couple of years older who she seemed to like. We caught the streetcar at around 17:00 and she fell asleep on the way. I sat in the McDonald's in Eaton Centre with her sleeping in my arms. Nancy didn't show up by 18:00 and so I took her to work with me. She woke up when we got to the Ontario College of Art. Nancy came to the studio where I was posing and picked her up at around 19:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment