Friday 9 June 2023

June 9, 1993: I was posing for an art class when a student splattered oil paint in my eye


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday I worked for Michael Jansen and got $40 cash. I stopped to make phone calls on the way home. I phoned Marie and she asked me for a copy of the poem I read to her on Tuesday. I called Mike Copping at work but he didn't answer his page. It was nearly 14:30 when I got home and then I napped for three hours before going to work at the Ontario College of Art. I wrote this while sitting on the edge of the stage while waiting to pose for Marie Charbonneau's painting class. I did a slanted upside down reclining pose and after my break I was back in the pose when one of the students splattered aquamarine blue oil paint from their brush and into my eye. It smarted from the soap I used to wash it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment