Friday 30 June 2023

June 30, 1993: On the streetcar my daughter kept climbing into the seat in front of us to close the window that I kept opening


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday it was almost noon when I got up to Nancy's place to pick up my daughter. I'd agreed to take her that day and the next. We went straight downtown where I checked the Board of Education to find out when my payday would be and found out the cheque would be there on Friday. I picked up my Ontario College of Art cheque and then we walked to Queen and took the streetcar home. All the way she climbed back and forth from our seat to the next to close the windows that I kept reopening. We got off to check out the jazz festival and she found it very interesting even though no one was playing. She just seemed to want to get up on the stage. At home she played with the hose for a while and then went to sleep for the night at 18:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment