Tuesday 6 June 2023

June 6, 1993: I wrote a great piece inspired by the group poem I'd started at Mudds Cabaret


Thirty years ago today 

            On Sunday I got up a little after 10:30. I had two oranges and three coffees and did some writing. I'd transcribed almost all of the poems I wanted to into my reading book, except for "Snow on a Poppy". I wrote a great piece inspired by the group poem I'd started at Mudds. 

Seven Shades Of Blues 

Freedom loving children 
virgins to the thrust 
that rips the hole in innocence 
and frees the fire of lust 

to temper the foundation of 
a higher innocence 
and raise the boundaries up above 
for the diamond’s just ascent 

We think we’re floating with our legs spread 
in a weightless place of love 
but it's just a higher planet that 
we’re now in orbit of 

cratered with crash landings 
pock marked with defeat 
it's just a clearer mirror view 
of the histories we repeat 

Mom and dad want baby’s freedom 
the child wants mom and dad’s 
Man wants to be the angel that 
desires to be a man 

Freedom marries slavery
and their child transcends them both 
Rebellion drags us to the grave 
resistance leads to growth. 

So wrestle with that angel 
but never let it lose 
The rainbow road to Asgard’s paved 
with seven shades of blues 

            I started calling the group poem "The Orgasmic Word Orgy" and then I changed it to "The Orgasmic Alphabet Orgy". I wanted Diana, Jodie, Ray, and Yehuda to also do something. I did some Venus zodiac charts and then I went out to call Diana Dufretes. She wanted me to meet her downtown at 21:00. I went home and then Nancy showed up. She wanted me to take our daughter after her parents got back from Hamilton. She said she would come by at midnight to see if I was home. I wrote this on the Queen streetcar at Yonge Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment