Wednesday 28 June 2023

June 28, 1993: I called my father collect and he told me that my brother Allison got his kidney transplant


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday I got up at around 9:30. I had an orange and then went out to call Nancy. She wasn't sure if she'd be coming down. While I was at the payphone I called Uplis Studios and got a model booking for August. I couldn't get through to Connie at the Ontario College of Art or Warren at Sheridan College. I went home to have breakfast and coffee and then went to the Ontario College of Art. Connie only had one job for me. I went to the model's room and made several calls. I went to a payphone and called my dad collect to wish him a belated happy Father's Day. He told me that my brother Allison finally got a kidney. I went home and cleaned up. I did some typing and astrological research and then left to check out a new poetry open stage at Avenue Road and Bloor. I couldn't find it so I headed home and wrote this on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment