Thursday 10 September 2020

September 10, 1990: Elaine said she would never see a Schwarzenegger film because he campaigned for Ronald Reagan



Thirty years ago today

I got a call from Elaine and I told her about seeing "Total Recall" and she said she would never see a Schwarzenegger film because he campaigned for Ronald Reagan. We discussed "Darkman" and other films she declared that she couldn't watch any films that stereotyped the few black people they used. I thought she was limiting herself but she argued that it was her statement.
I told her about what I'd read about the traditions of the Kikuyu tribe of Kenya in the book Green City in the Sun. She cringed at the idea that some Kikuyu practice female circumcision.
We arranged to talk again on Thursday.
Nancy had been feeling sick and having the urge to throw up without being able to. She had also been feeling tired. We made love.

No comments:

Post a Comment