Monday 28 September 2020

September 28, 1990: We unloaded peat moss and the boss bought us beer


Thirty years ago

            At work we unloaded a bunch of peat moss and the boss bought us beer. 
            I got off at around 15:00 and went to the Manulife Centre to cash my cheque. 
            I walked down Yonge to Dundas, west to Baldwin and then across to Kensington looking for that Eddy Murphy record. 
            I bought groceries and German beer. 
            I drank three beers and then took a nap for a while.
            I got up and took a shower without shaving and then got ready to go to the Claremont. I missed the streetcar and walked as far as Gladstone, getting to the club at about quarter to midnight. I was glad to find it wasn't crowded but it was a very young group it seemed, with nobody there that I recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment