Sunday 27 September 2020

September 27, 1990: Susan paid me to do her creative writing homework


Thirty years ago today

            I made a decision that later that night I would try to get in touch with Elaine to apologize for upsetting her. 
            After work I went looking in record stores along Queen for that Eddy Murphy soundtrack album.                
            When I got home I went to Nancy's place because I'd forgotten my key. She and her sister were making sushi. Susan gave me $5 for the "space person viewing Earth" paragraph I wrote for her and told me there were some other creative writing projects for high school that she wanted to hire me to do for her. 
            Nancy and I had a long streetcar ride to the Fox theatre in the Beaches to see "The Icicle Thief". She thought it was one of the best movies she'd ever seen. 
            I called Elaine when I got home and told her that I was sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment