Tuesday 15 September 2020

September 15, 1990: Elaine and I held hands. She liked me!



Thirty years ago today

I got up around 13:00 and went out right away to look for lawn sales. I found one immediately where I bought a lot of records: "Born to Run"; Fairport Convention; June Bugg; Suzanne Vega; Prince; Graham Nash; Traffic; George Clinton; George Harrison; and the Sugarhill Gang.
After getting a coffee I headed up Roncesvalles and realized that I'd forgotten the wooden handled umbrella with the carved duck' s head on it that Nancy had given me. I went back to the coffee shop and got it. I had almost forgotten it when leaving the garage sale too and thought to myself, "I'm gonna lose it today!"
When I net Elaine at Bathurst station I suddenly realized that the umbrella was gone but I had no idea where I'd left it this time. I was very upset about it.
Elaine and I walked along Bloor to Yonge and then down to Dundas, across to Spadina where we went for Chinese food. After that we went for coffee and then for a beer.
We held hands. She liked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment