Saturday 19 September 2020

September 19, 1990: Elaine insisted that she understood the Zulu point of view and that it was wrong


Thirty years ago today

            I got off work around 14:30 and went straight to the CKLN radio station at Ryerson University where I spent about four hours scanning albums for songs to use in my radio show demo. I found "The Message" by The Furious Five; "Inner City Blues" by Gil Scott Heron; "Glory" by D-Nice; "Cartrouble" by Slap; and "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega. 
            I found Nancy in my place when I got home. She told me that she'd quit her job. Her pregnancy seemed to be making her very moody. We made love. 
            I called Elaine at around 22:30 after I was in bed and she phoned me back a little later. We talked about the ANC and the Zulu again. She insisted that she understood the Zulu point of view and that it was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment