Monday 21 September 2020

September 21, 1990: I didn't wake up until it was too late to go dancing


Thirty years ago today

            After work I cashed my cheque. I owed myself $200 now. I bought a new shaver foil, some groceries, including smoked sausage and some beer.  
            Nancy was sleeping when I got home. 
            There was a message from Yvette. 
            When Nancy woke up she told me that she'd called Montreal but the woman that had phoned me was out. 
            Nancy went to the doctor that day and found out she was okay so far. I read to her about the baby's development. 
            I shaved for the first time in three or four days. 
            I did a bit of work. 
            I had Polish sausage with cheese on rye and three beers. 
            I laid down and didn't wake up until it was too late to go dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment