Wednesday 2 September 2020

September 2, 1990: Nancy was pregnant and she seemed happy about it but wouldn't let me kiss her



Thirty years ago today

When Nancy and I came back from the Canadian National Exhibition she spent the night at my place. She told me that she took the test the day before and it showed that she was pregnant. She seemed happy about it and told me she loved me. I hoped she could understand that I couldn't be with only her.
Before she left for work I asked her to kiss me but she said she couldn't. I didn't know what was wrong.
That night I went to meet Elaine at the Bloor Cinema but she was a little late. The scheduled film wasn't available and so we saw "Withnail and I". I enjoyed seeing it again and being with her as she experienced it for the first time. We went for drinks on the Renaissance patio and discussed the film. We walked along Bloor, had ice cream, got on the subway and then kissed goodbye at my stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment