Friday 11 September 2020

September 11, 1990: Brenda talked a lot while Nancy was quiet. She said even if she'd had anything to say she wouldn't have gotten a word in edgewise



Thirty years ago today

After I got home to work Brenda came to visit while Nancy was there. She stayed for about an hour and talked a lot while Nancy was very quiet. Later she said that even if she'd had anything to say she wouldn't have gotten a word in edgewise with Brenda there.
Nancy cleaned up a bit while I read to her from the book about babies. Our child was now thirty two days old and over a centimetre long.
I showered, shaved and did the dishes.
Nancy told me that somebody had called from Montreal about my jacket and that I would have to call her back.
Nancy read Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson to me while I nodded out. I went to bed earlyand fell asleep fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment