Sunday 20 September 2020

September 20, 1990: Susan wanted an idea from me about a space person viewing Earth for the first time


Thirty years ago today

            Elaine told me on the phone in the early morning that she would be leaving to spend the weekend in New York later in the day. I wouldn't be able to talk with her until Monday or see her until the next weekend. 
            On my way home from work I stopped to buy a hunk of watermelon for Nancy because she'd been craving it for a couple of days. 
            I talked on the phone with Yvette and she told me that I should temp for Kelly Girl. 
            Nancy called at around 21:30 when I was lying down and said that her sister Susan wanted an idea from me about a space person viewing Earth for the first time. It was for a paragraph that she had to write for school. 
            When Nancy came in she told me that she and Susan had just had a fight. Her sister was outside and wouldn't come in. I went out to sit with her for protection but she walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment