Tuesday 22 September 2020

September 22, 1990: I wrote that fantasy flattens and concentrates the mind while convention realizes the warped strangeness of reality


Thirty years ago today 

            Nancy and I went out around 11:30 to look for lawn sales. We must have visited at least twenty. We bought albums, books, utensils and Nancy went nuts over baby clothes. She bought a lot of little girl's stuff even though we had no idea of the gender of our child. They were cheap anyway. 
            We were out for seven hours and when we go back Nancy flaked out. 
            I went out after 23:00 to go dancing at the Claremont but there was such an enormous line-up that I decided to go someplace else for a beer. I did some writing about how fantasy is a means by which the mind flattens and concentrates while convention realizes the warped strangeness of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment